Monday, September 8, 2014


Sooo, I got to thinking about my hat goal and how far behind I was.  I had just finished a little hat and threw it in the couch (my mother calls it a storage bench) when I realized, "Hey, I've been making a hat or two here and there.  I haven't been recording them.  I wonder how far behind I really am."

(Some of these, the two pink and the two blue, were shown in the April entry.  So I guess that means I did the others sometime between April and now, huh?  Purple is a lace knit, adult woman's, wool sock yarn.  Same yarn for the teeny-tiny baby one on the far left, but the pattern is a 7-star lace knit.  The blue striped one on the bottom is wool sock yarn, waffle knit, adult men's.  So much fun, and so easy, I made two.  I'm leaving that one and another I made out b/c they will likely be Christmas presents, not donations.)

Counting them all up, it turns out, I was only 10 behind.
I could catch up to 10 with an easy pattern.

And it also just so happened that I had recently found a very easy pattern.  A couple of them, really.  So this is what I did over the next 8 days.

Yes, really.

Each of the hats below is newborn sized and knit.  The little blue one on the bottom right is a beret, acrylic, and the hat that made me start counting.  (Thank you, nice little hat.)  The red and white striped is cotton.  The rest are microfiber.  All except the beret, the turquoise one on top, and the red-blue-purple one, are ribbed, so they'll fit a variety of baby heads.  Turquoise is an eyelet pattern.  Red-blue-purple is straight knit.


But this is where I really made progress.  Each of these took only about an hour.  All 8 were done Sun and Mon of last week. (Crocheting is really where my speed lies.)  I decided that I hated this yarn, I had a lot of it, and I was determined to get rid of it.  (It is lovely yarn--thick, warm, and soft, but I do not like working with it.)  So into these hats it went, and very nice they turned out.

 All three dark blue are straight brim men's size hats.  The light blue and light turquoise are flared brim for a girl, the purple flared brim for a woman.  The green up front is for a small boy, the green on the middle left is for a baby girl.  All used the same basic pattern, were crocheted, and were made from acrylic.

Now, if you look carefully (and really not even that carefully), you can see a bunch of ends sticking out.  I haven't finished any of them yet.  Sigh.

I've also worked on some tiny crochet for Christmas.  I won't show you those.  :)